Vendor and Dealer Information
There is no cost to become a Vendor or a Dealer on Doodah.com. Doodah is sponsored by Independent dealers, the vendors of dealer websites and DMS companies Located here.
Vendors : Any vendors wishing to bulk post on behalf of their dealers are welcome to join Doodah.com. Please register here and check out this movie and the rest of the current page for more information where this movie is shortcut to the who_we_are page.
Once registered, vendors will need to follow a two-step process in order to bulk post inventory onto Doodah.com.
1) Submit on a daily basis an up to date dealer list file using a .DLR file extension (see https://www.doodah.com/vendor/dealerlist for format details) . This allows us to automatically add new dealers and delete old dealers and therefore negates the need for your dealers to register separately.
2) Submit on a daily basis the inventory file, which contains the vehicle data of your dealers of the previous step using a .CSV extension (see https://www.doodah.com/vendor/vehiclelist for format details).
Before uploading, please check if your files have the right formatting using https://www.doodah.com/vendor/filechecker (Please use a .CSV file extension for inventory file testing and a .DLR file extension for testing your dealer list file).
Vendors Note : Your company name will be displayed on the details page of each posted car. This will give much deserved credit to the Vendor while the dealership is also aware of who posted their inventory.
Dealership Additional Rules : Dealers should use only one vendor to post their inventory. Doodah.com will detect duplicate VINS from one dealer. Both listings will be removed until the issue is corrected by either the dealer and/or vendor(s).
Views/Impressions : : Impressions represent the number of people the listing has been seen by. This could be from the search page, or a recommended listing. Views are a measure of the number of times the full listing has been viewed. On the details page, you will see an indication of how many views each listing has received.
The fewer impressions and views a vehicle receives the more likely it will be pushed towards the first
Reposting a vehicle will not reset the views and impressions. However, after a vehicle has been listed for 45 days they are reset to 0. This gives each vehicle a second chance at being pushed towards the first page.
Vendor’s technical issues to be aware of
1) Dealers are unable to adjust vehicles on the Doodah website. If there is an adjustment to be made, please adjust the vehicle in your DMS or posting software tool and resend the feed to Doodah.com.
2) Additional quotes " and commas , in the data (i.e: 20" wheels) can cause issues. Make sure you strip them from the data before you send the file. Quotes in the data can also be escaped with the backslash character (i.e. 20\” wheels).
3) Vehicles with no VIN number will be rejected, more from a legal standpoint than a technology point. The VIN number must be at least 8 characters. If you have a shorter VIN then add trailing zeros (0).
4) Pay attention to the field lengths of the data elements in the inventory description file. For example: exterior color varchar(25) - placing more than 25 characters in this field will cause the inventory file to fail. We do not truncate. It is a requirement that vendors truncate before the data is sent.
5) No HTML mark-up. Our system will flatly refuse any HTML or other type of markup.
6) As a vendor you will need to upload one single inventory file that contains the bulk data of all of your dealers. We do not accept a file for each dealership.
7) Before uploading the data files, please ensure that there are no header rows included as this will cause the data file to be rejected.